Monday, June 18, 2012

PBP - Coven

As you continue along your path, you will meet others who are traveling the same path. Sometimes, those with a like path will band together to form what is known as a coven. Covens are most often made up of about thirteen witches. Personally though, I see no reason there has to be a limit on numbers as long as there are at least two witches. But as far as covens go, they are most often an assembly of witches who practice rituals and the like together.

For those who are new or who are not comfortable in groups, joining a coven is not necessary. There are many many solitary witches, meaning they practice their path alone. Being solitary though, doesn't meant that you can't associate with others who follow the path. Advice and teachers are always great to have. I personally am not a part of a coven, but I do have some amazing teachers/mentors. I've mentioned them before. They have taught me a lot about not only my Paganism and my path, but also about myself. So you see, you can choose to be in a coven, or you can practice alone. Either way is good way to do it. Just don't forget, it's alright to ask for advice and make friends.

Blessed Be!
~Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment