Sunday, September 2, 2012

Divination

ShadowScape Deck. (I own it but this
picture is not mine)
I am still new to it, but I love divination. I especially seem drawn to Tarot and Oracle cards. Now, I have only read for people a few times (and they've been family members or close friends). I've been told that I have a gift for it, but I'm unsure as to how much truth that holds. While I have been pretty right on with my readings, I have yet to memorize the meanings of the cards and such. I use my meaning booklets that come with the decks. Now, I know that a lot of people go with their own intuition on card meanings, but I like to know the meanings and then apply them to someone using my intuition, if that makes any sense. I don't know if this is right, but it's the way I do it. It's what feels right to me. I don't know many spreads either, aside from the one my teacher, Vysyn, taught me. Actually, she's to thank for pretty  much all of my knowledge of the Tarot (as well as just about everything I know). She is the one who firmly believes in me and I definitely want to live up to her expectations. So, I'm trying my best to learn more and find out more about myself as well as my decks, themselves. At this point, you're probably asking why I'm writing about any of this and what relevance it really has to anything. Well, I guess it's more of just to share my own personal experience. Perhaps by reading my story, those who are also new will find their own way as well. Though I am new, I do have the desire to teach others what I do know and pass on the knowledge that has been passed on to me. So, hope this is helpful!

Blessed Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment