Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Journey Starts Here...

Hello Everyone!

  My name is Harmony Moonflower and I'm here to share with you my journey into discovering Paganism and my path as well as to share new things that I learn. My goal is to help others who want to become Pagan but don't know how to go about it. So here's how it happened for me:

  For a long time, I had no specific religion. When I was born, my parents decided that they would have no hand in choosing my religion. So I never thought it was a big deal to be undecided. Well, when I was about 16-17, a friend of mine asked me if I would go to a Christian youth group. I thought it would be fun so I agreed and we went. I had a great time and made new friends right away. I quickly decided that I would be Christian. Everyone was so nice and helped me out whenever I needed it. I went to all sorts of events with the youth group. At last one I went to, I was watching everyone else pray and feel the devotion. It hit me like a ton of bricks; I don't belong here. I didn't feel the same thing that everyone else did and I had my doubts about the religion as a whole. (I have nothing at all against those who are Christian, it just wasn't for me.) I tried to shake it off and believe anyway. Shortly after that, my dad wanted to take a trip to Lilydale. I don't know if any of you will know what that is, but it's a little victorian village where Pagan ceremonies and such are often held. Well, I was unsure if I should go, being a Christian, so I asked my friend and she advised against it. Needless to say, I told my dad that and he lost his mind. He was so upset with me for being closed minded. When they left, I realized that he was right. I wasn't being the open minded person he wanted and raised me to be. I knew things had to change.

  Shortly after that, I had a falling out with the above mentioned friend and stopped going to church completely. After that, I wasn't sure what to believe. My dad had been looking into some Pagan religions such as Asatru and the like. I was curious so I asked about it. He told me a little bit but then told me that I would have to look for my own answers. I was upset with him at the time, but now I know that he was right. So I began looking at websites and every book I could find. I didn't get far on my own, to be honest. I only knew that from what I had read, the Pagan way was fitting for me. I just didn't know which path to take or how to even start to choose.

  Soon after that, I met some influential people. Here they will be known as Vysyn and Rose. I met them and shortly after, my life was changed. Vysyn worked with me extensively, assuring me that I had potential and could certainly do everything she taught me. I enjoyed every moment of my learning and I still do. Rose helped me learn as well and, as of recently, she's taken me on as an apprentice. Both women helped me so much and for that, I'll always be grateful. I wouldn't be where I am without them to guide me this far. I'd like to thank them again for everything that they have done.

  Currently, I'm studying Celtic Wicca as my chosen path. I have much to learn still, but I'm ready and excited to learn all that I can. I hope that everyone of  you out there can find their path like I did. It's not always easy, but I do know that's definitely worth everything.

Blessed Be!
~Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment