Saturday, June 23, 2012

PBP - Handfasting

A handfasting is basically a wedding of sorts. It can be temporary or long term. Handfasting chords are made and wrapped around the couples hands, symbolizing the joining together and unity of the two people. (That's how I understand it, as least). Unlike marriage though, it's not a legally binding event. It's more so just proclaiming that you want to be together. I believe that anyone can be handfasted. Sexual orientation does not prohibit you from proclaiming your love for a significant other. As I said, it's not legally recognized but it's still an important and beautiful union for those involved.

My mentor/teacher, Rose, making Handfasting chords. They are beautiful! I'm going to teach myself to make them as well. I realized that the chords have significance as well. The two cords used are symbolizing the joining of two people as well, in my opinion. Overall, I think the whole idea is simply beautiful

Blessed Be!
~Harmony

No comments:

Post a Comment